Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bookworm2890

Power BI table showing duplicates not SUM in Drill-Through

8/20/22 -Updated to include OneDrive

I am building a financial dashboard for a class and am working on adding a drill through that would expand spending categories for more detail.

I would like to add cards at the top of the drill-through page for 'Actuals' and 'Budget' for whatever spending category the user chooses. The actuals card looks fine, but my 'Budget' card only shows the total Sum for the full department, not the category that was chosen.

I changed the card to a table to see what was up, and it's showing the total sum of the budget repeating for each line. I've removed the card and readded, removed the drill through and readded, and searched the web for similar situations. I have to assume it's something wrong with my relationships? When I tried adding a filter to the whole page it worked, but that defeats the purpose of having the drill-through that auto updates the filter.

I tried uploading my .pbix file to Google Drive but it looks weird, so if it doesn't work for you please let me know and I'll try and upload it a different way

OneDrive Link

Google Drive .pbix file 

Thank you!!

Screenshots:

Department Total Cards - Correct

bookworm2890_0-1660963590847.png

Drill-through for spending category "All Other Expenses" - Budget is not filtered

bookworm2890_1-1660963666551.png

Table View of this same page - you can see the values are duplicating the sum, not breaking down at all for the individual lines

bookworm2890_2-1660963740253.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PijushRoy
Super User
Super User

Hi @bookworm2890 

I notice there are missing relationship between Actual and Budget table.
So I make double relationship from Actual table to Account table, so Account table can filter the Budget table as por category wise.
Find the pbix file
01.JPG001.JPG

If solve your requirement, please mark this answer as SOLUTION
If this comment helps you, please LIKE this comment/Kudos

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bookworm2890 ,

Whether the advice given by @PijushRoy  has solved your confusion, if the problem has been solved you can mark the reply for the standard answer to help the other members find it more quickly. If not, please point it out.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
Henry

PijushRoy
Super User
Super User

Hi @bookworm2890 

I notice there are missing relationship between Actual and Budget table.
So I make double relationship from Actual table to Account table, so Account table can filter the Budget table as por category wise.
Find the pbix file
01.JPG001.JPG

If solve your requirement, please mark this answer as SOLUTION
If this comment helps you, please LIKE this comment/Kudos

Hi @bookworm2890 

If you get solution, please ACCEPT AS SOLUTION
If any question, please share

rajulshah
Super User
Super User

Hello @bookworm2890 ,

Can you please upload the same on OneDrive with access to everyone?

Sorry, of course. Let's try this again!

OndDrive Link

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.