Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rubymaya
Helper II
Helper II

Power BI shows wrong date tooltip for line chart

Hello,

I just noticed today that the line bar with date axis showing incorrect date tooltip.

The tooltip is auto/default. Does anybody experience this.

See screeshot, the date should be 12Sep, but when we hover on the line dots, it doesnt show 12Sep, it shows  13Sept.. !!

This is very weirddd. I changed my mouse, coz i thought it's pointing wrongly. It looks like a bug to me. The report date is auto, date format

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rubymaya ,

Update: fix is expected to be deployed by end-of-day 09/19/2021.

Best Regards,

Icey

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
rubymaya
Helper II
Helper II

hi all, this is resolved by the update @Icey mentioned, the following week (20 Sep) 

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rubymaya ,

Update: fix is expected to be deployed by end-of-day 09/19/2021.

Best Regards,

Icey

indeed, it resolved by itself when i checked back today (20-Sep GMT +8) (so the update fix worked)

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rubymaya ,

This is a known issue (ICM#: 260227233).  Engineers have identified root cause, and an estimated time to mitigate will be provided shortly. Please try the method @mussaenda mentioned. It's a workaround currently.

I also find @DataZoe has faced the same issue here.

Icey_1-1631782944772.png

This is a regression in the Chromium build, Bug# 1247858, and is impacting Edge and Chrome V93 web browsers.

For line charts, they use the scale to show a special tooltip, with a vertical indicator line, and this is not following the mouse correctly – at times, you cannot even get a tooltip for one edge of your chart.

Just as what posted on Power BI Support Page, as a workaround, users can use the zoom setting of anything other than 100% which forces the browser to behave normally. 

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

mussaenda
Super User
Super User

Hi @rubymaya ,

Can you try to reduce the zoom of your browser to 80% and try again?

rubymaya
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @amitchandak it happens in workspace/app. When I download the file, it shows perferctly fine. I even open in other browser and get similar issue. What do you think. 

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rubymaya ,

I can't reproduce the issue. Could you share some details?

1. What's your Power BI Desktop and Power BI Service version?

2. What's your Browser version?

3. Could you share a sample .pbix file with the same issue for me to test?

In addition, please check if the issue on Power BI Support Page is the one you meet:

Awareness

• Power BI customers may experience inconsistencies in report visuals, such as overlapping/misaligned content or truncated text. Engineers have identified the root cause and an estimated time to mitigate will be provided shortly.

• Power BI customers using Edge or Chrome V93 web browsers with the default page scale set to 100% may experience UI behavior issues when interacting with common web page controls, such as dropdown slicers, date pickers, or line charts. As a workaround, users can use the zoom setting of anything other than 100% which forces the browser to behave normally. Engineers have identified root cause, and an estimated time to mitigate will be provided shortly.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@rubymaya , if this is on the web browser, clear the browser cache and try.

If on desktop.  Close and open the file again and check.

If needed File-> Options & Setting -> Options -> Data Load -> Clear data management cache and try

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.