Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

YasminYas
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI service

Hi All,
We will develop power bi reports for client. Client has not provoded Power bi pro licence for me. I used to deploy power bi reports to Client Pro account. and I have installed Gateway with Client ID in their machine . So some of the reports datasets credentials are Basic autnetication of Oracle DB and other set of reports dataset credentials are SQL server client credentials. So all the reports are in One workspace and iam admin in that particular workspace access.All good till now

So Now Client has provided me with Generic SQL generic account and Power BI pro license also.
So how can achieve this scenario so that i should work with my Pro license account without depend on Client 

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @YasminYas 

For the old reports, In client account, create app workspace, and then add your account into it as admin.

and in the manage gateway, also add your account into it as admin.

For creating new reports, you could also app workspace and invite client in it and share report by it. and you could also

install a new gateway for refresh.

Best Regards,
Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @YasminYas 

For the old reports, In client account, create app workspace, and then add your account into it as admin.

and in the manage gateway, also add your account into it as admin.

For creating new reports, you could also app workspace and invite client in it and share report by it. and you could also

install a new gateway for refresh.

Best Regards,
Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.