Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

makcim392
Advocate I
Advocate I

Power BI scrambling visualizations and tables when moving file to another computer or on web service

Hi,

I´m having a lot of issues with pbi lately. I happen to be working on a report with teammates, and we exchanged the pbix files between us. As soon as I open a pbix file made in another computer, the tables get scrambled. 

If they publish it online, I get exactly the same behaviour. We worked on the latest version. Tried reinstalling, switching web browsers, nothing helps.

power bi rearranged.png

What should I do? Opening the same file elsewhere is messing up the reports I´m working on. 

8 REPLIES 8
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @makcim392 ,

Did you check the data source when you opened the .pbix file created by others? Is there a problem with the data source?

What are the main changes in visual charts, could you elaborate?

And maybe you can check the setting options.

i1.PNG

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

1. the data source isn't direct query, data is imported always. Shound't do any difference, wouldn't you agree?

2. Check out the original post, there's a screenshot of said problems

I would definitely compare the report settings as above. Definitely a strange problem and one i haven't seen before, are you able to share your pbix at all. How many people are sharing this pbix?  Does it happen every single time, can you isolate it if its only one user that triggers this.  Quite difficult to actually figure out the issue without being able to have a look at the file.   from the visual what you are saying is that the visuals lose their placement, is that what you mean by scrambled?

@makcim392 

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

I tried opening the online, as well as the pbix file on a third pc. It wouldn´t even open the pbix.

Hi @makcim392 ,

Please create support ticket .

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

We're only two sharing the file. 

Yes, by that I mean losing placement. Since pbi doesn't support column header hiding, we had to overlay tables to hide them. And there's a lot of overlaying, so I think there may be some kind of issue on that funcionality. 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Check the version of both powerbi, from where their file is received and shared. If the one was higher from where it is received, it should not have open. But this could be because of that.

already checked. It is not a version issue. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.