Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

zina-aziz
Frequent Visitor

Power BI rounding up figures in one column

Hi,

I have a column with figures containing one decimal place in excel. When I import the data into power BI, only that one column is rounding up and now showing the decimal figures. I have amended the column in the data tab and in the query editor to be Decimal number and specified one decimal place, but still not working. Any ideas why power bi is rounding it up?

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @zina-aziz,

Which connector you used to get data from excel, odbc or excel connector? I test to use excel connector to get data from some sample data but can't reproduce your issue.

I'd like to suggest you enter to query editor to check column types if power bi hasn't correct analysis your column type to decimal.

BTW, you can also try to use round functions to rounding up your records.

Power query Rounding functions:

Function Description
Number.Round Returns a nullable number (n) if value is an integer.
Number.RoundAwayFromZero Returns Number.RoundUp(value) when value >= 0 and Number.RoundDown(value) when value < 0.
Number.RoundDown Returns the largest integer less than or equal to a number value.
Number.RoundTowardZero Returns Number.RoundDown(x) when x >= 0 and Number.RoundUp(x) when x < 0.
Number.RoundUp Returns the larger integer greater than or equal to a number value.

Dax functions:

ROUND Function (DAX)

ROUNDDOWN Function (DAX)

ROUNDUP Function (DAX)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.