Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI reporting on a flow approval

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, perhaps it should be in the service or extending power bi but I will start here.

We have an approval process running in flow on our opportunities in Dynamics 363. At certain stages along the business process flow it will require a manager to approve. The flow is triggered and sends an approval email, when it is approved, the opportunity is updated allowing it to progress.

Managers would like to build a report in Power BI that shows not only the summary of all active opportunities but for each opportunity whether it is currently waiting for a manager to approve it, who that manager is and how long it has been waiting.

I was wondering whether Power BI could connect to Flow to report on such information? My alternative is to amend the flow process so that when the approval email is sent, a data source is updated somewhere that Power BI can connect to and when the approval is confirmed this also updates that data source. 

2 REPLIES 2
annetoal
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @Anonymous ,

Did you ever get any help on this? I'm looking at a similar problem.

Thanks,

Anne

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi jamessteele, 

It seems that you want to integrate Flow with PowerBI, right? If so, you could refer to refer to A simple and fun guide to Microsoft Flow and Power BI for details.

Or you could try to post this reqirement in FlowCommunity for more suggestions.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.