Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI report slow (storage mode:Direct Query)

Hi All,

We have lots of Power BI reports with multiple pages (bookmark directed). Data source is Azure sql server and we publish the reports on web using Power BI Embedded technology. 

Since our reports are growing in size (adding multiple pages and new bookmarks), we are facing few performance issues. The visuals which didn't have any lag now they take significant amount of time to load. We are looking into report optimization tricks and also removing unnecessary tables/measures from our reports. Also pushing calculated/custom columns to the database level.

I was thinking, is it a good idea to split these reports into multiple reports to improve performance? For example, each of our report has 4-5 bookmarks on the first page, which take you to the subsequent pages inside this report. And each individual page has drill through pages or few more bookmarks to take you to new pages with more visuals. 

So my question is, is it a good idea to split this report with 4 bookmarks into 4 separate individual reports? will that improve performance? Please let me know if you have any other ideas/tips to improve the performance of our reports.

Thank you for your help,

1 REPLY 1

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.