Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Analitika
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Power BI report refreshing

Hello,

I am facing with a problem - when I am trying to refresh report Power BI desktop, I am getting this error:

DataSource.Error: Sybase SQL Anywhere: Integrated login failed
Details:
DataSourceKind=Sybase
DataSourcePath=182.5.6.70;dbname
Message=Integrated login failed
ErrorCode=-2147467259

That error appears in several dataset tables.

I have tried to change a password in data source settings but also not helped. I am sure I am setting a correct password but seems data source settings keeps old incorrect password. I tried to clear global permissions but seems not helpfull. What be solution for this issue?

14 REPLIES 14
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

The Windows integrated login feature allows you to maintain a single user ID and password for operating system and network logins, and database connections. To create an integrated login:

• Enable the integrated login feature. See Enable the integrated login feature.

• Create a database user to map the integrated login to (if one does not already exist).

• Create an integrated login mapping between a Windows user or group profile and an existing database user. The Login Mappings folder in Sybase Central lists all users with integrated login permissions. See Login mappings.

• Connect from a client application and test the integrated login facility.

Analitika
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

I am in power query editor and see tables with errors which I have described below.

I have tried to refresh tables but each of them shows same error: 

DataSource.Error: Sybase SQL Anywhere: Integrated login failed
Details:
DataSourceKind=Sybase
DataSourcePath=182.5.6.70;dbname
Message=Integrated login failed
ErrorCode=-2147467259

@Analitika , is it SSO or DB credetitals.

First of all create a new connection in a new file and check if that is working.

If yes, then clear permission in data source and try again.

If No, check that does the current system can access the server(Ip/VPN issue)

It is DB credentials. I have cleared pemissions already and tried to setup a new password (correct). After that I have tried to refresh again but seems error remained.

@Analitika , Clear Permission.  Clear cache from option and setting. Save file without new credentials. means with clear permission. Close all power bi instance. Open the file again. Provide credentials and check.

Also check if this issue is because on August 2021, then log a new issue - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

These steps not helped to solve this issue. Any solutions, ideas?

These steps not helped to solve the issue. So how solve this?

@Analitika , If this is the August 2021 release, I think some issue with a new release(log an issue) to save the credential, else update to the latest version possible and check

Check File -> About

I have checked that same login is not okay for all tables, for one okay for other not.

Integrated login failed. Not all tables could be refreshed.

Power BI version is july 2021. Also in my dataset was one table which required same database connection and in worked but with others are problems. Same connection worked for some tables for others not.

@amitchandak I have tried yours suggested means but seem it still not working.

@amitchandak  I also did these steps. But seems problems remain same. Same error - can't refreh the report. Now  I see that password DB is old not changed in data source settings. So what cause that issue?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Analitika , Please open power query check any error on a specific table. Or refresh tables one by one and check for errors on the dahboard.

Also not helped.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.