Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI report automate email through flow

Hi All,

I am trying to send an automated email to people out of the group, I want to send a pdf file as an attachment in the email. I am planning to follow the following steps

1) Embed the report to sharepoint as a page

2) Create a recurring(every day) flow which would convert the sharepoint page into pdf and send the email to the users.

I looked on the internet I couldn't find enough resources to accomplish this task if you have any other solution I am happy to give it a try.

NOTE:

I cannot use subscribe because the customers to whom I want to send the email doesn't have power BI licence and we use power bi pro, so I came up this solution

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-xicai Thanks for the reply, Yes I will mention this as the idea in the idea form.

I found a hack to resolve this issue, I hope the solution would help others if they have a similar issue. 

I have  Power BI pro licence, so I subscribed to the report and have set the automatic forwarding rules on outlook. So that whenever I receive the email from Power Bi the same email is forwarded to all the customers.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Your demand is a good idea, while it is not supported to implement in Power BI currently. You can post your new idea in Idea Forum , to improve the Power BI.

It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

As a workaround, you may still use Subscription, while from the article, creating a subscription can be done by:

• Users with a Power BI Pro license
  • Users viewing content in a Premium workspace or app may also subscribe to content located there, even without a Power BI Pro license.

Best Regards,

Amy

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-xicai Thanks for the reply, Yes I will mention this as the idea in the idea form.

I found a hack to resolve this issue, I hope the solution would help others if they have a similar issue. 

I have  Power BI pro licence, so I subscribed to the report and have set the automatic forwarding rules on outlook. So that whenever I receive the email from Power Bi the same email is forwarded to all the customers.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.