Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI report Refresh failure

I have created one power bi report linked to sharepoint lists. When i am changing data in SharePoint lists, sometimes report refresh is failing and sending me email like "The 'Pending Verification' column does not exist in the rowset. Table: Agent SystemRole Map ".

Although when i am going to power bi desktop and refreshing the report and preview, no error is coming and it is working fine. But still it is failing when i am trying to refresh the dataset from power bi web(https://app.powerbi.com/). Please assist and let me know that why this dataset refresh is getting failed in power bi web as it is working fine in desktop. 

3 REPLIES 3
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous , 

Try to make sure, when you change data in sharepoint lits, you don't change column name , type or delete the column which will cause columns don't exist. You could check whether "Pending Verification" column exist in your dataset(also could check this in advanced editor in desktop app to see whether there is something wrong in steps).

In addition, if you refresh the dataset manually , then check it in report, will it work well? Or if you wait a moment, then try again to refresh the report, will it work or not? Or re-publish the report to see whetehr it work or not.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dax Thanks for you response.

We are not changing any column name in SharePoint list and Pending verfication is a field in status column which include other fields such as New,Open, verified etc and i am doing unpivot of this column hence each status is getting created as a column such as New, Pending Verfication column etc. Apart from that nothing else i am doing with this data. 

Refresh is working fine when i am doing from Power BI desktop but is failing only in Power BI web sometimes.

Please let me know if you need any other information.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dax do you have any clue regarding this issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.