Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

hammerblue
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI publisher for Excel, date tables generated

Didn't know what other forum to post this in. I'm trying out Power BI publisher for Excel (https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/powerbi-publisher-for-excel/) and I'm getting strange results.

When I connect to a dataset or report, I get the relevant tables but also a large amount of extra tables called "LocalDateTable" along with an what I presume is an identifying code (for example "LocalDateTable_22af143-4a4a-356a-bbb4-43ab535b6aa"). It looks like it's creating a datetable for every datecolumn in the dataset. This would be fine if they were labled in a way that would make it clear which column they refer to. I tried slicing the data with the dates and they do work, it's just that there is no way of knowing what date is being used (for example, could be a sales date or the date an employee was hired).

Capture.PNG

blocked the codes since I don't know what they are.

Anyone know how to either make them (the tables) disappear or make them automatically name themselves according to the column they reference? I tried creating my own date tables and reuploading/reconnecting but they are still generated.

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@hammerblue

What's the data source you connecting to? I have never encountered this issue. It just retrieve the relevant tables only when I "Connect to Data" in Power BI Publisher for Excel.

Mysql, but the datasource in this case is a powerbi dataset so it shouldn't make a difference.. I didn't have these issues in the beginning, but then i made a special report just for connecting through PBI publisher and now I get the date tables.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.