Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

angelaalkatib
Frequent Visitor

Power BI overstating values

Power BI is overstating the values compared to my Excel data source by about 5,600. 

I think this has to do with my 4 data sources and/or the relationships set up between them, but I cannot for the life figure how what it is that is causing it.

Power BI Values and Data SourcesPower BI Values and Data SourcesExcel file valuesExcel file valuesRelationships between data sourcesRelationships between data sources

I made sure the Excel sheet is including everything that Power BI is including (like filters and things like that) and I even deactivated the Power BI Relationships one by one AND all of them at the same time... this did not fix the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
angelaalkatib
Frequent Visitor

I figured this out. Power BI was rounding the numbers. 

At first, I changed the number format to Decimal number instead of Whole Number, but that didn't work.

Then I changed the number format in the Query settings and that seemed to do the trick!!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
angelaalkatib
Frequent Visitor

I figured this out. Power BI was rounding the numbers. 

At first, I changed the number format to Decimal number instead of Whole Number, but that didn't work.

Then I changed the number format in the Query settings and that seemed to do the trick!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.