Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

VegarOyfoss
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI not loading all data from SQL Query

Hi All

Has anyone alese noticed cases where Power BI January 2021 does not load all data from  SQL query?

In SSMS I am getting 405 results, but when I use the EXACT same query in Power BI, it only shows 389 rows

There are only the source step in the Power Query Editor. I am getting no load errors. 

Has anyone encountered this, and have some general idea of what it could be to help me troubleshoot?

I have identified the data missing, but so far not seen anything in the data which makes help me make any guess on why it is happening

7 REPLIES 7
jdubs
Helper V
Helper V

same problem here. Anybody ever find a solution?

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hi someone had an answer, I have the same problem, I'm comparing data from Oracle and SQL server from PBI, but PBI doesn't bring all the data.

jessica-ko
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hello, please did you manage dto resolve this? what was the solution? 
many thanks !

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @VegarOyfoss ,

First, could you please try to click Refresh and check whether you can get the "full" data load from SQL database? If still not, could you please provide the related SQL query and the applied codes of the query finally generated in Power Query Editor in order to make troubleshooting to further check your problem? Have you applied any date filter or refer multiple tables in your SQL query?yingyinr_0-1623914227953.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

hi @VegarOyfoss ,

Where you are seeing these total rowss of 389? Is it in Power Query Editor? Have you scrolled to the bottom and confirmed that the rows are less. 

One thing what you can try is add an INDEX column in your dataset (start from 1) then check how many rows are coming up in Power BI.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

@Pragati11 

I see them in the Power Query Editor by scrolling down and looking at the index, in the Data window AND by downloading the data to excel through PowerBI. I am 100% sure I only have 389 rows, my problem is understanding why

I'm running into this issue too. I know this post is old but curious if you found an answer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.