Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ConstMoss
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI model

Hello all – I have the following tables.

1. Sale
  2. Customer
  3. Channel
  4. Marketing Campaign

1. Customer is related to Sales on CustomerID.
  2. Channel is the means by which a customer get to the Sales (friend, search, etc.). Customer is related to Chanel on CustomerID. Each customer can come through multiple channels until they purchase something.
  3. Marketing Campaign is similar to Channel.  Customer is related to Marketing Campaign on CustomerID.

We’d like to track sales by channel and Marketing Campaign but unable to get the data model to work – it doesn’t let us setup bidirectional filter on some joins and when it does, it won’t let us join some tables. Any idea how to setup the data model in this scenario?

Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
CheenuSing
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @ConstMoss

Can you share the data model and sample data.

Cheers

CheenuSing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Is there a way to upload files directly? Here is the sample file - https://ufile.io/a714a

Hi @ConstMoss,

I download the file successfuly, do you want to track all channels and canpains for each customer? What do the result format look like? Could you please share a picture or table to list the expected result? Thanks a lot.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Thank you Angelia - for the sample data iIve uploaded, this is the desired output.

CustomerId	Inq Date	SaleDate	Channel	Qty
456	     05/05/2016	      06/02/2016	 ACC	 2
123	     03/01/2016	      04/01/2016	 CCE	 1

@v-huizhn-msft - I want to attribute the latest inquiry to the sale, that is close to the sale date.

Hi @ConstMoss,

Sorry for inconvenience, the file your given is corrupted as follows, could you please share it again? I am unable to download it because of security. Thanks a lot.

1.PNG2.PNG

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.