Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TMO_KY
Helper II
Helper II

Power BI missing some data from SF report

Good Morning Community,  I was wondering if anyone has run into issues where Power BI doesn't pull all the data from a Salesforce Report.  Here are some screenshots for what I'm talking about. 

From SF:

TMO_KY_0-1593262689506.png

Power BI:

TMO_KY_1-1593262829214.png

I should be seeing "Joe Snuffy's" Time off in Power BI, anyone have any ideas?  It would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@aj1973   So I found the issue, I didn't realize it at the time but I got to messing with it again this morning.  Salesforce native reporting allows a limit of 2,000 rows only unless you export the data.  So the report was picking and choosing which data to show me on the screen but was reporting different data to Power BI.  Still don't understand that one but I changed some edits in my SF report to limit the rows of data and everything is showing perfectly in Power BI.   Thanks again for reaching out to offer assistance.  Cheers!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @TMO_KY 

Are you using a native query against your data source? in you Query editor I see a filter applied (third line on the right in applied steps) try to delete it and see how it worksout.

Regards

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Thanks for the reply @aj1973 

My apologies, I thought I added that information in the original post.  I added the filter to both the SF report and the native query to show the examples otherwise I would have had a ton of data and it wouldn't have been as clear to see the discrepancy between the 2 reports.  So even with zero filters on either side, the data is still missing on the Power BI query.

@aj1973   So I found the issue, I didn't realize it at the time but I got to messing with it again this morning.  Salesforce native reporting allows a limit of 2,000 rows only unless you export the data.  So the report was picking and choosing which data to show me on the screen but was reporting different data to Power BI.  Still don't understand that one but I changed some edits in my SF report to limit the rows of data and everything is showing perfectly in Power BI.   Thanks again for reaching out to offer assistance.  Cheers!

Hi @TMO_KY I know this reply is very late lol, but were you able to find a solution? I've used the Salesforce connector but I had some issues updating my data too. As a workaround, maybe you can try to test your connection with a 3rd party connector. I've tried windsor.ai, supermetrics and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the Salesforce connector in the data sources list:

SALESFORCE-1.png

After that, just grant access to your Salesforce account using your credentials, then on preview and destination page you will see a preview of your Salesforce fields:

SALESFORCE-2.png

There just select the fields you need. It is also compatible with custom fields and custom objects, so you'll be able to export them through windsor.  Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url. 

@ReportMaster - Yeah this was an old post, but I appreciate the reply nonethless, however not long after I posted this, I started connecting to Salesforce objects directly.  Super simple, no need for 3rd party connectors and data isn't limited by rows like in Salesforce Reports.  You just need to know the names of the objects you are looking for but Salesforce has native options to help you figure that out as well.

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

I knew that there was a query applied against your SF data source.

You are welcome.

Please don't forget to accept the solution.

Regards  

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.