cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Irwest Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Power BI live connection error

Hi, 

I get a problem to connect to the server after was working on the project for a long time.

I get a message: 

"We encountered an error while trying to connect.
Details: We couldn't connect to the Analysis Services server because the connection timed out or the server name is incorrect."

Before this error i get another one :

"An error occured while loading the model for the item or data source 'OpenConnectionError'. Verify that the connection information is correct and that you have permission to access the data source"

I've checked the server and that's fine, working for other instances.

Please help to resolve that.

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Irwest Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Power BI live connection error

Thank you for your solution. The problem was found and it happend because of the server which was down for some reason.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

@Irwest is there change in user credentials, you can clear the data source credential by File -> Options and Settings -> Data Source Settings and select you source, clear/edit the credentials

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Datanaut! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Irwest Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

I use windows credentials and didn't change them at all. 

It happens to other users in the company also

v-yulgu-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

Hi @Irwest,

Please check if any change made on Analysis Services server side. Whether the SSAS server restrict the outside access? You can try to connect to the same data model from other tool, like Excel to test whether it works. Also, please check whether you hit the limitations of SSAS live connection. 

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Irwest Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Thank you for your solution. The problem was found and it happend because of the server which was down for some reason.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Ask Amanda Anything Q&A

Learn the answers to some of the questions asked during the Amanda Triple A event.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Users Online
Currently online: 507 members 4,821 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: