Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Worldbreaker
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI integrated to Power Point question

I have integrated POWER BI to Powerpoint 2013 and created my presentation.

I created tiles that are from my powerbi dashboard.

my question is, will people I shared it with be able to open and make use of it even if they do not have power bi account?

thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Worldbreaker
Helper I
Helper I

I sent the file to a friend who doesn't have power bi account.

the file doesn't show the "trust this app" button. instead it said "could not connect to the catalog"

does this confirm that it can't be used by persons without power bi account?

any ideas on any work around for this?

@Worldbreaker

When you export report to PowerPoint, the content is offline. You don't need a Power BI account to view the data. I haven't encountered this issue before. Please check the document to see if you exceed any limilation.

Regards,

Hi Simon

I did not use the export function. if I use the export function, there is no problem.

what I am having problems with is when I integrated the power bi into power point itself.

each time the users open the file, they need to click on the shield icon on the upper left corner and click on "trust this app".

what I found out is, if the user doesn't have powerbi account, the powerpoint will not show the data, after clicking the "trust this app".

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.