Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

OD
Regular Visitor

Power BI installation issues

Hello

there have been earlier post but none resolve the installation issues I am facing. I get a message - the older version of microsoft power bi cannot be removed. contact technical services group. i have tried everything mentioned on websites like clean uninstall using iobit, cleaning registry entries etc, deleting installation folders but the errors just does not go. Unfortunately i did not set  reset point so cannot go back and it appears the only solution may be to do a disk format. its is very disappointing that hte upgrades have actually been a setback in not being able to use the tool at all.

OD

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Found a resolution.  the update file, when downloaded from the usual Powerbi update links is around 200MB file. this is what i have been trying to use for the update. I downloaded the file from the Microsoft Apps store and this file is close to 400MB. with that download the update went through smoothly and the issue is resolved.

thanks 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @OD,

For your scenario, you'd better create the Power BI support ticket to get further help.

support ticket.PNG

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Found a resolution.  the update file, when downloaded from the usual Powerbi update links is around 200MB file. this is what i have been trying to use for the update. I downloaded the file from the Microsoft Apps store and this file is close to 400MB. with that download the update went through smoothly and the issue is resolved.

thanks 

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @OD

You are wonderful! Smiley Happy

Since you have solved your problem, please accept your reply as the solution so that so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.