Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI expandable Visual

Hi Guys,

I would like to know if its possible to expand and collapse a visual here in power bi. For example I have a table Details.
At first, the table is not visible but when we expand the details, the actual table will be visible.
Example:

Daniel_Pel_0-1652771283824.png

And when we click expand:

Daniel_Pel_0-1653016098153.png

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
mahenkj2
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

One of the way you may find useful is to create a report tooltip page of the desired second visual, and when your user either hover on the first visual, they can see the data in second visual. This is instant, except user can only see this second page without any actions.

Instead of hovering, they can also move to the report tooltip page, but then they would leave the main page which you may not wish.

As an addtional tip, you can control the position of the second page (report tooltip) easily by setting that page's property, this will help you that second page does not hide the first/main visual.

Below is the main link you may refer regarding how to create the report tooltip:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-tooltips?tabs=powerbi-desktop

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @mahenkj2 , thanks for this idea but Is it possible to make the tooltip scrollable? I tried to create a tooltip page and I can't scroll it.

TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Does this provide assistance to what you are looking for: How to toggle visuals on and off in Power BI Reports (aerieconsulting.com)

If not, let me know.

Hope this helps!

Theo

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Theo, I also saw this but for this, does it mean that I need to alot a space for the visual, what if there is another visual at the bottom, like this:

Daniel_Pel_0-1653016723222.png

If I hide it, I must add a space in between, is that correct?

Hi @Anonymous 

If I understand correctly, yes. You will need to leave space at the bottom for the table visual because the Power BI Canvas won't change in size unless you change the size parameters.

Hope that makes sense?

Theo

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @TheoC , is there any other way to expand / Hide such table?

@Anonymous  the other way you could do it is replacing the visual with the table (i.e. you could have a filter that you can click to say "Graph/Chart" or "Detail/Table").  Then the user can click on the selection they want.  But I don't know whether that will be beneficial given that a user likely want to see the detail with the chart.  If it were two charts/visuals, it would be a bit easier (switching from a visual to another visual rather than a visual to a detailed table).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.