Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vjnvinod
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Power BI error

Hi,

I am not able to understand why i am getting a blank visulaziation when i select a particulare region from my dashboard, despite i have create the relationship between my tables.

Please find the scrubbed file below link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kaqbg9fc8h3wpo1/testchecknew.pbix?dl=0

Error Screenshot

Region Africa.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
MarcoRotta
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi vjnvinod.

I've taken a look at your file and when selecting a region from the slicer component (dropdown list), all the visuals were filtered correcttly. See a capture below selecting "Africa" and (apparently) getting the data right.

Capturar.JPG

Based on your capture, my guess is that you've had other selections made in visuals (it seems to be the case in the table in your capture), and these additional selections were not returning values for the others visuals.

Another suggestion would be to select the "cross filter direction" in all your relationships to "both". This sometimes creates strange behaviors while filtering data. To do that, double click all your relationships and look for the mentioned field.

Regards.

vjnvinod
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@MarcoRotta

you nailed it correctly below

Based on your capture, my guess is that you've had other selections made in visuals (it seems to be the case in the table in your capture), and these additional selections were not returning values for the others visuals.

I did some testing on cross filters, but thats not helping at all.

Now the question would be how those additional selections can return values for other visuals?

please suggest? Can you check with your expertise, if something works for you?

If ALL the relationships are set to "Both" in the cross filter, the filters should work the way you expect. Are you sure the blank visuals are not related to not having data?

vjnvinod
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@MarcoRotta

yes they are not blank.

you cannot set all the relationship to cross filter, its only possible for any one of the relationship. the moment you try for any other relationship for cross filter, it won't allow you.

Regards, vinod

Got it. In that case, the only workaround I can think of is to create a big intermediary table that would merge all your "middle" tables in a single one and then apply the bi-directional filter between this new table and the two data tables in your model. Because I'm quite sure the issue here are the missing cross filters.

Regards.

vjnvinod
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@MarcoRotta

Unfortunately we can't do that, because to setup a relationship, the other table must hava unique values.

vjnvinod
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi,

Can anyone please help me, why in my dashboard when i select region, its not interacting with my sector revenue visualization and inbound matrix.

However it works perfectly well, when i clear off the filter. please find scrubbed PBI  to check

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kaqbg9fc8h3wpo1/testchecknew.pbix?dl=0

Region Africa.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.