Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Aubinp

Power BI embeded CRM Dynamics 365

Hello everyone,

In a dynamic CRM O365, I embeded a Power BI Report with a xml script following the instructions of the website : https://crmchartguy.com/2019/03/24/embed-filtered-power-bi-reports-on-dynamics-365-forms-again-the-o...

It actually works perfectly.

I also added a filter for this report based on the gaia_idbi field. The filter is presented as such in the xmlform :

<PowerBIFilter>{"Filter": "[{\"$schema\":\"basic\",\"target\":{\"table\":\"ClientPBI\",\"column\":\"No.Value\"},\"operator\":\"Is\",\"values\":[$a],\"filterType\":1}]", "Alias": {"$a": "gaia_idbi"}}</PowerBIFilter>

Therefor the Power BI report present in the CRM returns only the information of the account opened in the CRM.

The filter compares the gaia_idbi present in the CRM and a data field (No.Value in the table ClientPBI) comming from a ERP (Navision). Both return to a customer number which is connected, so basicaly a number in the CRM is equal to the same number in the ERP. The filter works sometime but most of the time it doesn't.

I have found that when there is a letter in the account number (for example C5861) the filter works but when it's only number (for example 4100681) is doesn't. Does it mean that there is a transformation in the gaia_idbi's filed type behind the code ? 

Thank you in advance

2 REPLIES 2
clausm73
Helper III
Helper III

I am experiencing the exact same "error" - so my filter works for a value 104000-0 but not 36944.

With this my filter looks like:

<PowerBIFilter>{"Filter": "[{\"$schema\":\"basic\",\"target\":{\"table\":\"Bridge Account\",\"column\":\"accountnumber\"},\"operator\":\"In\",\"values\":[$a],\"filterType\":1}]", "Alias": {"$a": "accountnumber"}}</PowerBIFilter>

On the other hand - if I adapt my filter to include " - [\"$a\"] - then its the other way arround - then 36944 works but not 104000-0.

<PowerBIFilter>{"Filter": "[{\"$schema\":\"basic\",\"target\":{\"table\":\"Bridge Account\",\"column\":\"accountnumber\"},\"operator\":\"In\",\"values\":[\"$a\"],\"filterType\":1}]", "Alias": {"$a": "accountnumber"}}</PowerBIFilter>

I assume there is some sort of data type guessing game happening in the embed components scripts and its guessing on the value not the underlying data type in the target or destination.

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Aubinp 

Sorry I can't fix it on my side currently, please kindly raise it to the support team for better advice, thanks a lot!
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.