cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Power BI desktop version March 2020 | not able to customize a line in dual axis graph.

Hello Team,

I am creating a simple graph with two y axis. I want to use different makers for both lines. but it is not working.

version used : power BI desktop march 2020

steps to reproduce :

1. take dummy records table with three columns ( date, measure1, messure2) , measure1 and measure2 is numeric whole numbers

2.create a dual axis graph.

3. select the graph and go to "Format" pane.

4. go to customize series and enable it. 

5. try to enable show marker for one of the line and it is not allowing it. this is the issue.

some more info:

if you enable common "show marker" then it is not overridden by customize series show marker.

sample workbook with sample data :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aNCF5n2ctaSGE9owilKcxvcsgdFAn9_D 

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: Power BI desktop version March 2020 | not able to customize a line in dual axis graph.

@viveksingh90 probably you want to open a support case, seems like it is a bug/issue.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Power BI desktop version March 2020 | not able to customize a line in dual axis graph.

@parry2k  raised a support ticket.

Highlighted
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Well done Power BI. You're supposed to act as a SQL Server front-end, yet, Excel has more functionality for visualization. Why do you even exist?

Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

@Lewis-H here is my 2cent. Power BI is still a very young product and it is not fair to compare it with excel. These two products are for the different use case, it is like comparing apples to oranges. I think if we look where Power BI came in such a short period, it is actually very amazing and I'm sure there are drawbacks and not feature parity with 20 years old product but with continuous development in this product makes it an amazing tool. At the end of the day there are other tools available in the market, why not use those if Power BI doesn't fulfill your requirement.

Cheers,

P

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

@parry2k  @Lewis-H 

update :  I spent almost an hour with level 1 Microsoft support engineer but it is not fruitful.

I guess dual axis graph is new feature of march 2020 release, it was not there in Feb 2020 version. 

look like it is not tested properly.

ticket is still open and they are looking into it. 

Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

@viveksingh90 indeed it was released in March 2020, and appreciate the update. Since it is reported as a support/bug, I'm sure there will be a fix at some point in time. Great work!!

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @viveksingh90 ,

I have tested the scenario in my environment and it looks like that could not use customize series normally as you previously said. Thanks for raising a support ticket to feedback this issue to help us improve power bi and hope to see the further update message if there has any result that could help.

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Upcoming Events

Upcoming Events

Wondering what events you could join or have an event to promote yourself? Check out our Upcoming Events.

Community Summit Australia – Join Online!

Community Summit Australia – Join Online!

Be a part of the leading Microsoft Business Applications digital event, curated for the APAC community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors