Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI desktop version March 2020 | not able to customize a line in dual axis graph.

Hello Team,

I am creating a simple graph with two y axis. I want to use different makers for both lines. but it is not working.

version used : power BI desktop march 2020

steps to reproduce :

1. take dummy records table with three columns ( date, measure1, messure2) , measure1 and measure2 is numeric whole numbers

2.create a dual axis graph.

3. select the graph and go to "Format" pane.

4. go to customize series and enable it. 

5. try to enable show marker for one of the line and it is not allowing it. this is the issue.

some more info:

if you enable common "show marker" then it is not overridden by customize series show marker.

sample workbook with sample data :

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1aNCF5n2ctaSGE9owilKcxvcsgdFAn9_D 

7 REPLIES 7
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I have tested the scenario in my environment and it looks like that could not use customize series normally as you previously said. Thanks for raising a support ticket to feedback this issue to help us improve power bi and hope to see the further update message if there has any result that could help.

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done Power BI. You're supposed to act as a SQL Server front-end, yet, Excel has more functionality for visualization. Why do you even exist?

@Anonymous here is my 2cent. Power BI is still a very young product and it is not fair to compare it with excel. These two products are for the different use case, it is like comparing apples to oranges. I think if we look where Power BI came in such a short period, it is actually very amazing and I'm sure there are drawbacks and not feature parity with 20 years old product but with continuous development in this product makes it an amazing tool. At the end of the day there are other tools available in the market, why not use those if Power BI doesn't fulfill your requirement.

Cheers,

P

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k  @Anonymous 

update :  I spent almost an hour with level 1 Microsoft support engineer but it is not fruitful.

I guess dual axis graph is new feature of march 2020 release, it was not there in Feb 2020 version. 

look like it is not tested properly.

ticket is still open and they are looking into it. 

@Anonymous indeed it was released in March 2020, and appreciate the update. Since it is reported as a support/bug, I'm sure there will be a fix at some point in time. Great work!!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous probably you want to open a support case, seems like it is a bug/issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@parry2k  raised a support ticket.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.