Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Power BI desktop' s November version

Hi all,

I have been reporting issues with my latest Power BI Version: 2.87.1061.0 64-bit (November 2020). It just stops in the middle of my work and a Popup window prompts me to report the issue without giving me the chance to save my latest changes! it happened to me 6 times with this version but never before.

Also another weird thing yesterday with a DAX formula SUMX = SUMX('TABLE_X', TABLE_X[A] / TABLE_X[B])  returns a completely false result so I had to use SUM = SUM(TABLE_X[A]) / SUM(TABLE_X[B])

Any idea?

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aj1973 ,

Have you upgrade the Power BI Desktop to December Version? Does the issue still exist? I checked the Issue forum but didn't find any records about such issue. I was thinking if it was a "Not Enough Memery" error. Anyway, is there detail error message showed in the popup window?

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aj1973 ,

Have you upgrade the Power BI Desktop to December Version? Does the issue still exist? I checked the Issue forum but didn't find any records about such issue. I was thinking if it was a "Not Enough Memery" error. Anyway, is there detail error message showed in the popup window?

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Hi @v-jayw-msft 

So far so good with December version. 

As I said, been using Power BI desktop for more than 2 years and never happened before through all versions.

Thanks

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@aj1973 , Try formula like

SUMX = SUMX('TABLE_X', divide(TABLE_X[A] , TABLE_X[B]))

We have not seen any issue like this in Nov 2020.  You check issue like https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Hi @amitchandak 

I sure did that too. still same result. by the way when i use * to multiply the result is fine.

Thank you for your reply

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

@aj1973 , check the data type of 2. Make sure both are of the number data type.  And try with divide function

Both columns are exact same type the $, no empty fields, no null fields, same exact columns.

Anyway, this isn't my main issue, the main problem is the Poup window in the middle of my work that forces me to shuts down my desktop and lose my latest changes. I was wondering if any one else had the same issue with this latest version of power bi.

Thank you again @amitchandak for your time.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.