cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FabioN
Frequent Visitor

Power BI desktop offline

Hello all,

I have a report connected to a dataset that has been published on the Power BI service (e.g. one dataset in a PBIX and reports in different PBIXs).

When I open Power BI desktop, I cannot open the reports unless I'm online.

Is there any way to 'cache' the last version of data that has been loaded, and use them until the next connection?

Thank you,

Fabio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FabioN , 

I test this in  my envionment, I find that when you use powerbi dataset, when you re-open the report, it will try to ceate connection and check current login user in powerbi whether have permission to access this dataset(I could open it in local, what si error you get when you re-open it?). And I think that if powerbi dataset updates, when you re-open the report or refrsh the report page, the data will update. So I think your requirement might not be achieved currently.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @FabioN , 

I test this in  my envionment, I find that when you use powerbi dataset, when you re-open the report, it will try to ceate connection and check current login user in powerbi whether have permission to access this dataset(I could open it in local, what si error you get when you re-open it?). And I think that if powerbi dataset updates, when you re-open the report or refrsh the report page, the data will update. So I think your requirement might not be achieved currently.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Not that I am aware of.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Check out my External Tool for Power BI Desktop!
Microsoft Hates Greg's Quick Measures
Check out my latest book!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power BI October Update 2021.jpg

Power BI Release

Click here to read more about the October 2021 Release!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Teds Dev Camp Oct. 2021 768x460.jpg

Power BI Dev Camp - October 28th, 2021

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!