Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ning
Regular Visitor

Power BI desktop, help with metrics

HI,

I am trying to create a percentage based metric that divides a "task per hour" with defined "BE","ME" and "EE" numbers.

The "task per hour" is a measure with the sum of Tasks divided by sum of total time. The number I get here is working fine and does not need changing.

The BE, ME and EE numbers are all columns.

I cant divide the task per hour with the BE,ME and EE numbers since it doesnt let you divide non measures.

My BE, ME and EE data table looks like below:

Metrics.png

I tried doing task per hour divided by average or sum of BE,ME and EE and it does not give you the correct results, it only gives you the correct results when you only have that one particular task highlighted (see below).

Metric avg.pngMetric filter.png

Sorry if my explanation is not clear, I essentially just need the results to look like the right table without needing to filter anything.

I will elaborate more if needed.

Thank you,

4 REPLIES 4
Ning
Regular Visitor

@v-xjiin-msft@MFelix

HI!!

I was messing around with the tables and I was able to figure it out! for some reason my BE ME and EE metrics had multiple iterations in the table (no idea why). I noticed it when I added something else in and for some reason it duplicated like crazy with different numbers (again no idea why). I added in an additional filter to ignore those iterations and I was able to get the division to work correctly.

Thank you for the help.

Ning
Regular Visitor

@v-xjiin-msft@MFelix

Task_count is a column

task per hour is a calculated column "Task Per Hour = SUM(Data[Task_Count])/(SUM(Data[Task_time])*24)"

KPI is a calculated column (this is the one I cant get working)

Below is some sample data of what was used.

911 pic.png

The first table is a "Table" visualization with the following values

-Task

-Task_count

-Task per hour

-KPI

-Expectation (Dont worry about this one)

The table is filtered at a range with Create_date.

In the already posted table, when no other filters are applied, the results I got for 911 audits were

Task count: 14

Task per hour: 14:00

KPI 64.99%

expectact result is

Task count: 14

Task per hour: 14:00

KPI 84.85%

The 84.85% should be gotten from the task per hour (14:00) divided by the tasks ME number (16.50).

14/16.50 = 84.85% 

I hope that makes more sense.

Thank you,

v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Ning,

=> I tried doing task per hour divided by average or sum of BE,ME and EE.

In your last two screenshots, what is the corresponding column for your requirement? KPI? 

In your shared sample data, there's no Task per Hour. Is it a value which was calculated? If it is just a regular column, please also share us some sample data.

And since you have already shared us the sample data, please try to give us your desired result based on your sample data. So that we can get a right direction and make some test to find a solution.

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Ning,

Not reaaly understood wha are the calculations you want can you please show better the way you want the calculations.

Picking up the 911 Audits where does all the number come from:

Count = 14 

Task per hour = 14

KPI = 84,85%

Please elaborate on where to get all the numbers for this so I can help you better.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.