Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI desktop cannot import data with Azure Cost Management Connector

I recently started using the Azure Cost Management connector for Power BI. The idea is to get Azure consumption data to PBI and generate some reports. However, I'm getting the following error when trying to load the data:

"The user does not have any claims associated"

Screenshot

I am using our organization's Enrollment Number and the Key. I tried the Azure Consumption Insights connector and it worked without an issue and I was able to import data into PBI desktop app.

Do we need to enable anything from our organization's Enterprise Agreement side of things, to be able to use the new connector? Any suggestions would be fantastic.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on this documentThe Azure Cost Management connector uses OAuth 2.0 for authentication with Azure. To connect, you must use an Enterprise Administrator account for Enterprise Agreements.

If you cannot get any data after using an Enterprise Administrator account, Sorry for that, We do not found an effective solution. We suggest you to open a ticket here for help if you are a pro user: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket .gif

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

How about the result after you follow the suggestions mentioned in my original post?Could you please provide more details about it If it doesn't meet your requirement?

Best regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-lid-msft 

Thanks a lot for your feedback and the answer. Yes, it was indeed the missing Role on the account. We created a new user account to mimic a service account in our customer's AD and assigned the Enterprise Admin role with read-only permissions. Although the customer didn't like the solution that was the only way forward it seems. It would have been much better if we still had the Enrollment No & Key option like the old connector 🙂

Cheers

v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on this documentThe Azure Cost Management connector uses OAuth 2.0 for authentication with Azure. To connect, you must use an Enterprise Administrator account for Enterprise Agreements.

If you cannot get any data after using an Enterprise Administrator account, Sorry for that, We do not found an effective solution. We suggest you to open a ticket here for help if you are a pro user: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Support Ticket .gif

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.