Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LanaPow
Regular Visitor

Power BI desktop can't find what is filtering the page

I  have a simple dashboard with 4 visuals.

I am new to this and was playing around and somehow filtered on year, and want to cancel this filter, but it's nowhere found.

i do not see it in page filters, and neither can i find how to cancel all filters on a page. 

==== edit ===

there were 2 pages in the book.

i have added a new page 3 with the same visuals. then i deleted  page1 that had 2 visuals.

Looked at the troubled page2, and suddently all years are displayed. i did not touch or use any filtering at all.   Confused more than ever ))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@LanaPow 

You may check Sync and use slicers on other pages and Use drillthrough.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@LanaPow 

You may check Sync and use slicers on other pages and Use drillthrough.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Open the Visualizations and Filters pane and the Fields pane (if they're not already open). From the Fields pane, select the field you want to add as a new page-level filter and drag it into the Page level filters area. Select the values you want to filter and set either Basic or Advanced filtering controls. 

To reset Filter:

Add the Reset Button

Now select your image, and in the Format Image pane, slide the Link to on, select Bookmark as the type, and choose Reset as the bookmark. You now have an on-page button to reset all Power BI filters on your report tab.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Lewis

@Anonymous  thank you for your response. I know how to add filters to page and remove them, the issue i have is none of the 2 filters on the page were filtering on anything, I had the Year filter set to "All", but the page was still filtered somehow. I guess it is difficult to solve this problem without seeing stuff.  

It would be helpful to learn how to reset all filters. I have found the button, but there is no Link option in the pane. 

I have found Action, and in it, I found Bookmark. But there is only "none" available as the bookmark type, there ain't any "reset" there.  Any further tips?

I had a similar issue.  Drove me nuts.  A table was missing data and the chart next to it had all the data.

Worked out eventually that it was because one of the fields in the table did not have the "Show items with no data" ticked/checked

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same issue.  Root was some careless syncing of slicers.

I was able to find the filter by:

1.  Go to View and then Selection:

EDCade_0-1679443644367.png

The rogue filter showed up in the list:

EDCade_1-1679443710274.png

I selected show and then deleted it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.