Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

abhijitd

Power BI desktop & Teradata connection error

Hi, I'm trying to connect Power BI desktop with Teradata. I'm getting below error when trying to use direct query connection to import table metadata.

I get this error on every table.

DataSource.Error: An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Invalid column name.'
Details:
DataSourceKind=Teradata

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

This error went away when I moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10 machine.

Also performance of Power BI desktop seems to be much better on Windows 10.

Thank you,

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sivanagamahesh
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I get the accompanying mistake while getting to Teradata Database to "Get Data".

I have introduced the most recent PowerBI. Likewise introduced Teradata drivers includeing .NET information suppliers for Teradata. Nonetheless I contiue to I get the follwing blunder. I have attempted a wide range of un-introduce and re-introduce and clear the registries yet no good fortune. Indeed, even I attempted 32 bit form on my 64 bit portable workstation however no utilization. Would anyone be able to help on this?

"Teradata Database

this connector requires at least one extra parts to be introduced before it can be utilized. "

Thanks

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @abhijitd,

Could you try using Excel's Get & Transform (Power Query) experience to connect to a Teradata database to see if the same issue occurs?

In addition, make sure you're using the latest version of Power BI Desktop and .NET Data Provider for TeradataSmiley Happy

Regards

Hi,

This error went away when I moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10 machine.

Also performance of Power BI desktop seems to be much better on Windows 10.

Thank you,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.