Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AlexBro Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Power BI date language switched from US to GER

Hi guys,

short question:

I have a Power BI Report which was created on an english Power BI Version. The date has always been in US i.e. MM/DD/YYYY but for some reason has changed recently to german style i.e. DD.MM.YYYY. The report has been neither updated nor anything else. It might be possible that I updated my Power BI version. My OS is german.

I need the date being formated in US style. I already checked the settings but it's US. 

Any ideas ?

PowerBI.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AlexBro Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Re: Power BI date language switched from US to GER

Hi @v-juanli-msft ,

unfortunately, this did not help - all format options were related to german. I switched my OS language system to englisch and all timestamps have changed to US style.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @AlexBro 

As tested, when i update to a German vision of Power BI Desktop, use this new version to open original file, it still shows the MM/DD/YYYY format.

Please click on the "date" column, check if the date format is 3/14/2001 (M/d/yyyy).

If not, please change to this format.

8.png

In addition, A workaround to change the date format is as below:

Create a column with the formula

Spalte = FORMAT([date_order],"mm/dd/yyyy")

But this column is of type text.

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

AlexBro Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi @v-juanli-msft ,

unfortunately, this did not help - all format options were related to german. I switched my OS language system to englisch and all timestamps have changed to US style.