Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI date formatting not working as expected

I have two date columns - Data Entrega and Data Esperada - formatted as - mm/dd/yyyy. My clients are brazilian so they really want to read the date formatted as brazilian portuguese. I transformed the type of those columns using this query:

= Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Changed Type", {{"Data Entrega", type date}, {"Data Desejada", type date}}, "pt-BR")

Now in my reported I created two tables, one contaning the Data Entrega column and the other containing the Data Desejada column. They are not in a hierarchy, they are as a simple line. If I click on any of my columns and go to the modelling section, the Data type is date, but I can not set the Format to dd/mm/yyyy. And heres is what I am not understaing, if I copy my pbix file and open it on my local computer I can change the my date format to dd/mm/yyyy

Here is the file opened on my client PCclient.png

And this is the same file running on my PCmy.png

We are both using the same version of Power BI - 2.49.4831.521 64-bit (agosto de 2017)

Under File -> Options and setting -> Options -> Current File - Regional Setting, both are set to Portuguse Brazil.

How can I fix it?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

The “Regional Settings” section of the Options dialog box only affects the behavior of power query, but not the formatting under the modelling section.

In order to be able to set the Format to dd/mm/yyyy under the modelling section on your client PC, you will need to change the Local System Date Format under Control Panel > Region > Change date, time, or number formats on that PC first. Then you will see the dd/mm/yyyy option under the modelling section after reopen the pbix file. Smiley Happy

dateformat.PNG

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

The “Regional Settings” section of the Options dialog box only affects the behavior of power query, but not the formatting under the modelling section.

In order to be able to set the Format to dd/mm/yyyy under the modelling section on your client PC, you will need to change the Local System Date Format under Control Panel > Region > Change date, time, or number formats on that PC first. Then you will see the dd/mm/yyyy option under the modelling section after reopen the pbix file. Smiley Happy

dateformat.PNG

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-ljerr-msft,

Do you know if something changed, about the date format? 

I always do what you said to me. But now, I suppose that it is not working. Look, these are my configs:

image.png

But I can not see this date format on Power Power BI Desktop. Can you help me. please?

I've just started to experience the same issue - I've checked all of my regional settings in Desktop, Service and Windows and they are all set correctly to UK formatting.

In Desktop my dates are defaulting to dd mmm yyyy but the Format drop-down on the Modeling tab does not include dd/mm/yyyy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-ljerr-msft, thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.