Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Mrquestionmark
Frequent Visitor

Power BI datasets Integrated Security=ClaimsToken

I have a pbi desktop report using Power BI datasets to connect my PBI service dataset. It works on my PBI desktop but when I deployed it to my on-premise PBI server. The data source security pops error below. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Mrquestionmark ,

In fact, power bi service connector is linked with live connection mode, it requires you to keep the connection from your device to power bi service dataset.
After you move your pbix report file to a new device, you need to update your credentials and check network status and firewall policy to keep the power bi connections. (if your on-premise server not able to access to power bi service, you need to configure a proxy or other settings to fix connection issue)
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi @Mrquestionmark ,

In fact, desktop sign-in operation only sends requests to power bi service side to verify if your account existed on the service side.
BTW, it will also be used when you connect to power bi service dataset. ( it will send sign-in user credentials as a token to get correspond dataset list)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mrquestionmark
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Xiaoxin, I think you are right. We do have firewall policy setup in our server. I will discuss it with our InfoSec team.

One more question, what is the difference in service Sign In between PBI desktop On-Premise version and Cloud version? I can sign in using Cloud version but could not sign in using On-Premise version. It pops up "Your network requires proxy authentication." 

1.png

@v-shex-msft 

Thanks Xiaoxin, I think you are right. We do have firewall policy setup in our server. I will discuss it with our InfoSec team.

One more question, what is the difference in service Sign In between PBI desktop On-Premise version and Cloud version? I can sign in using Cloud version but could not sign in using On-Premise version. It pops up "Your network requires proxy authentication." 

Hi @Mrquestionmark ,

In fact, desktop sign-in operation only sends requests to power bi service side to verify if your account existed on the service side.
BTW, it will also be used when you connect to power bi service dataset. ( it will send sign-in user credentials as a token to get correspond dataset list)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Mrquestionmark ,

In fact, power bi service connector is linked with live connection mode, it requires you to keep the connection from your device to power bi service dataset.
After you move your pbix report file to a new device, you need to update your credentials and check network status and firewall policy to keep the power bi connections. (if your on-premise server not able to access to power bi service, you need to configure a proxy or other settings to fix connection issue)
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.