Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JohnDawson
Frequent Visitor

Power BI dataset data refresh: asks for credentials then hangs indefinitely

Lots of people seem to be having this and related problems but I can't find anything that helps me there ...

My main point is that the credentials I'm using are the same as those I use successfully to access the same data using SQL Server Management Studio - but on Power BI web portal it hangs indefinitely ...

I have the Firewall setup correctly (I believe), including to allow access to Azure services

Any ideas anyone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Raised a ticket on this; answer was that the connection string to the SQL Server contained also the port number (1433); when this was removed, the problem disappeared; root caused unknown, possibly an incombatibility between successive versions of Power BI

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@JohnDawson

Can capture and share the Fiddler Trace for more detail information?

Or you may create a support ticket.

Regards,

Here's my fiddler trace, while the authentication attempt was hanging. Any use? Tks

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byej6lppY-3iUVVwNjJrUDhaSDg/view?usp=sharing

Raised a ticket on this; answer was that the connection string to the SQL Server contained also the port number (1433); when this was removed, the problem disappeared; root caused unknown, possibly an incombatibility between successive versions of Power BI

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.