Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI dashboard - pin to Windows 10 tile on desktop, not mobile

Ok, this is either the most basic of questions and I am missing something, or it can't be done.

We are trying to pin a Power BI dashboard as a tile on Windows 10 desktop (not mobile). I am being asked because I have a Windows phone. In mobile, this is incredibly easy, but I can not figure out how to do this on the Windows desktop. And if I am asking the question incorrectly, please have patience. We are a windows shop, but all users are using WIN7. Our internal reporting team is testing WIN10 as a pilot as we will be rolling out Power BI for end users and data stewards.

Basically, we want users to be able to hit the Windows key and see the dashboard as a tile. And then click through to the dashboard.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Scott

6 REPLIES 6
CCaceresGIS
Frequent Visitor

Any update with this thread? I am trying to do this and I am having some difficulty, for some reason I am not seeing the pin to start option. Any help is appreciated.

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

We cannot do this with PBI Desktop version, but you can have a try with the universal version mentioned by BhaveshPatel.

Best Regards,

Herbert

BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

You can achieve this functionality in Windows 10 Deasktop. To achieve this, you need to download PowerBI Windows 10 Universal app and You can play with this.

For more information, Please visit this link.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.
Anonymous
Not applicable

So with the UWP app, I found that the only way it will work is if the app is open to the specific dashboard.  If I pin the app to the start screen in that scenario, when I touch the tile the dashboard will open.  However, if the app is not open, when I touch the tile on the start screen, it will go to the app, but not tot he specific dashboard.  I was hoping it would function like a contact or website, where you can pin specific ones directly to the start screen. 

I am going to recommend this as a future feature, as this would be most hepful when we push WIN10 to the enterprise.  We could have dhasboards pinned directly to management's start screens.  Very helpful!

Thanks for your help!

Scott

@Anonymous

I found following two ideas which seem to be similar with yours, you can vote there to make this feature come true in the future.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/6830238-dashboard-as-tiles-on-windows-and-windows-phone

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/9969057-dynamic-content-of-your-dashbaords-for-the-tile-di

Best Regards,

Herbert

Anonymous
Not applicable

I just reviewed those (and voted!), thank you so much for sharing them!

Scott

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.