Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nirrobi
Helper V
Helper V

Power BI crash when reaching 800,000 K memory use

Hi,

Since the last few weeks I had problem that the PBI desktop crash too often when it reach 800,000 K

Is anyone face this kind of problem?

Is any solution suggestion?

Thanks in advanced.

Nir

4 REPLIES 4

@nirrobi I would assume you may be running out of memory, but to determine a better error you can enable Tracing in File -> Options and settings  -> options -> Diagnostics -> Tracing. Run it again, and go check out the log files generated to see if you get a better error after it crashes.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks a lot for your help!

@Seth_C_Bauer

I ran the diagnositic as you recommended,

I got 4 file:

Microsoft Mashup *3

+

PBIDesktop.916.2016-11-09T06-19-13-530096

In the end of the last file I located this words:

"System.OutOfMemoryException"

What can I do to prevent it?

• The file is very small - less than 4 MB
  • There are a lot of columns (almost 70) I added via powerquery editor in the PBI desktop, can it cause to the problem? 

Hi @nirrobi,

I would also suggest you to report this issue here or create a support ticket for better assistance. Smiley Happy

Regards

@nirrobi Have you watched your performance via task manager? Are you running out of memory when processing the file? Just because the end result of the file is small (compressed) you still need to process all the data to load...

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.