Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI converts automatically blank value into 0 on the power bi services (DIRECT QUERY)

Hello Everyone,

I have a problem with the behavior of Power BI (Direct Query). I have blank values on my column (Interger Data Type) and for my visualization I need the blank values. On my power BI desktop it works very well. But when I publish the dashboard on the portal power bi services (premium), and my blank values are converted automatically into 0 and my curves changed and are "wrong". Why don't we have the similar behaviour between power BI desktop and power bi services ? Is there any parameters to change? I tried some dax queries but nothing works. I don't have this problem when I use Import Mode.

Thank you for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , I doubt that should happen unless the database does it.

Try these. Clear cache, refresh, and check

Or republish, Clear cache, refresh, and check 

Do you have an example measure or column for which this can happen. Please share that

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @amitchandak ,

Thank you for your answer. Yes I tried to clear cache, re publish and refresh etc but it doesn't work.

I need to represent history/forecast. So I will have Null values for forecast column if I have values for History and Null value for history if values for forecast. 

On desktop visualization I have:

PowerBIDesktop.PNG

and when I publish I have :

PowerBIPortal.PNG

All my Null values are converted into 0. 

I use Direct QUery and Azure PostGresSQL...

Thank you so much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.