Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alex_liew
Frequent Visitor

Power BI connect to Microsoft Lists

Hi there,

I uploaded an excel file to org sharepoint but it uploaded on to Microsoft Lists.  Upon looking up, as I have never heard of, Microsoft List is a new thing and launches recently.

My question here is, does any one knows how one can connect to Microsoft Lists from Power BI desktop?

I tried using just a weblink connect but it doesn't work.

Thanks in advanced..

Regards,

Shin

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

I uploaded an excel file containing table to Sharepoint.  This was uploaded to Lists rather than sharepoint list.  I gather they are similar?

Anyway I managed to get Power BI to connect to the Lists but it has now stopped working.

I use web url to connect to the URL below.
= Xml.Tables(Web.Contents("https://tenant-my.sharepoint.com/personal/username/_vti_bin/owssvr.dll?XMLDATA=1&List={codeID}"))

This morning when I refresh the data in Power BI, it says "Access to the resource is forbidden."

Upon check the credentials, I have now changed to organisational level.  This gives me a different error

alex_liew_0-1601267145990.png

alex_liew_1-1601267275288.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.