Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI composite data model using datasets in premium workspaces

We now(Jan 2021) have composite model (preview) to combine Power BI datasets.

However, we are able to create a local model only when the source datasets are in Pro workspace and do not work when we move the source datasets to premium workspace.

We went through the below documentation and could not find any information of this feature on datasets in premium workspaces.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/desktop-composite-models

Is this by design that composite models do not work when we use datasets from premium workspaces?

4 REPLIES 4
MRCL45938

Same problem here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Below is the error message i get:

An error occurred while loading the model.
Verify that the connection information is correct and that you permission to access the data source.

I am the admin of the workspace.

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

It works well on my side. 

Are there any error message? Or could you show me some screenshots to help me better understand the issue?

Best regards

Icey

If this post helps, then consider Accepting it as the solution to help other members find it faster.

mhossain
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@Anonymous 

In my case it is working fine with premium workspace too. What is the issue you are getting, while clicking 'Get Data', are you not able to see the datasets in premium workspace? Make sure you have access to those workspaces.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.