Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jcaranibar
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI charting and table features better than Excel

It is supposed that Power BI is better than Excel for visualizations and analysisis, right?

So, why Power BI charts features and table fetaures are less sophisticated than Excel?

Just because Power BI charting weaknesses my final and executive users want to still using Excel. This is frustrating when I try to turn one step further avoiding Excel and all its disadvantages like dashboard publishing.

Thanks.

JCA

1 REPLY 1
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @jcaranibar,

Not really sure on what you mean by less sophiticated than Excel, can you please elaborate on that?

As you know Power BI is a Bussiness Inteligence tool and the capabilities of this do not only focus on the visual part the interactions and the way the data treatment is done, for sure you can make a lot of this in Excel and people are mostly used to Excel, but the change to Power BI is a change of mind set. I have the exact same problem in my company and the change is gradual. 

Power BI is a completly different tool from Excel and used for different purposes, don't understand how dashboard publishing can be a disavantage, but I may understand that for some people having information online, or with limitations regarding the changes can be a real issue, as I said is a mind change.

Regards,

MFelix

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.