Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Selva
Regular Visitor

Power BI and MapR Drill error

Hi,

I get the following error when trying to connect to MapR cluster via ODBC drill driver.

DataSource.Error: ODBC: SUCCESS_WITH_INFO [01000] [MapR][Drill] (2010) Schema Changed in the result set: Late-appearing columns were not returned in this result set. Please create a view and/or resubmit your query.
Details:
DataSourceKind=Odbc
DataSourcePath=authenticationtype=plain;connectiontype=Direct;driver={MapR Drill ODBC Driver};dsn=MapR Drill;host=172.11.20.23;port=31010
OdbcErrors=Table

Power BI is showing the drill schema , HIVe tables and views.

My Drill driver is 32 bit and Power BI is also 32 bit

Please advise.

6 REPLIES 6
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Selva,

Could you connect to MapR and fetch data successfully from other client tool? Did you make any change to source data?

Here is an article written about how to connect to MapR in Power BI desktop, please check whether you have something missed.

By the way, do mask sensitive data before uploading error log.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

That is exactly the process I have followed.

Event viewer generates an error when I open the power BI. Power bi is 32 bit installed on 64 bit machine

Error details

The description for Event ID 11 from source MSOLAP$AnalysisServicesWorkspace329682563 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

msmdsrvi.rll

Please advise

Selva
Regular Visitor

I am able to connect to any source using Drill explorer via ODBC

Selva
Regular Visitor

Solution?

I am also facing the same issue when trying to import the data from drill to Power BI..any workaround for this?

That is exactly the process I have done. 

Event viewer generates an error when I open the power BI. Power bi is 32 bit installed on 64 bit machine

Error details

The description for Event ID 11 from source MSOLAP$AnalysisServicesWorkspace329682563 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

msmdsrvi.rll

Please advise

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.