Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Omega
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Power BI and JDE refresh

Dears, 

I managed to connect to JDE queries/Tables using ODBC but I'm facing an issue in scheduling the data in Power BI service. 

Challenges: 

1- Won't be able to pull data from JDE unless connected to organization network. Is there away to get the data from JDE without connecting to organization network?

2- Refresh the data every 15 mins

3- Avoid manual intervention by automating the scheduler

Please advise. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Omega ,

Sorry I won't know it. I'd like to suggest you to raise this point as a ticket: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Omega ,

Assuming that you use JD Edwards on AS/400, it means that you can get JD Edwards data by connecting to IBM DB2 database for AS/400. thus, you can use IBM DB2 Database connector in Power BI Desktop to connect to the database.

Then you can publish the report to service and schedule the refresh. Refresh by 15mins requires connecting the database by DirectQuery mode.

I'm not quite sure about the third challenge you mentioned, could you please specify?

Best regards,

Dina Ye

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
Omega
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Thanks a lot for the clarification. My third point was scheduling the refresh in Power BI service which was cleared by using DirectQuery mode. I will test the connector and get back to you 🙂 

Omega
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@v-diye-msft Is it possible to connect to the queries rather than the database? Thanks!

Hi @Omega ,

Sorry I won't know it. I'd like to suggest you to raise this point as a ticket: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.