cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Power BI and GPS tracking

We want to track out pallets with GPS and then connect to Power BI for live tracking. GPS should be waterproof and battery powered. Any ideas how this can be done?
Which GPS tool to use? Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Microsoft
Microsoft

@vrossouw wrote:
We want to track out pallets with GPS and then connect to Power BI for live tracking. GPS should be waterproof and battery powered. Any ideas how this can be done?

@vrossouw

I don't think Power BI can connect to any GPS device directly. In my opinion, you shall collect/centrilize the GPS data into some database. As to visualize the GPS data, you can try R visuals in Power BI. Links for your reference.

R script and R visuals in Power BI

Read and Display Data from GPS Devices Using R

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Microsoft
Microsoft

@vrossouw wrote:

@vrossouw

I don't think Power BI can connect to any GPS device directly. In my opinion, you shall collect/centrilize the GPS data into some database. As to visualize the GPS data, you can try R visuals in Power BI. Links for your reference.

R script and R visuals in Power BI

Read and Display Data from GPS Devices Using R

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Community Conference

Microsoft Power Platform Communities

Check out the Winners!

secondImage

Create an end-to-end data and analytics solution

Learn how Power BI works with the latest Azure data and analytics innovations at the digital event with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors