Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

BIuser1234

Power BI and DAX expressions

Hi Experts,

I am very new to the DAX expressions and Power BI. Please give me some insights for the below requirement.

i need to create a measure, which need to averaged as you scroll up the hierarchy and if i click into next level it has to show sum for the same measure.

Basically i need to do both with same measure combination of Average and Sum when you scroll up it has do Average and when you scroll down it has to do sum.

Thanks in advance for your time & help.

BIUser

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BIuser1234,

Power bi not support to change the the calculate result based on scrolling bar. In my opinion, I'd like to suggest you create a measure to shows the average and sum at same time.

Measure:

AVG/SUM = ROUND(AVERAGE('Table'[Value]),2)&"/"&SUM('Table'[Value]) 

Capture.PNG

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
CahabaData
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

If you seek an Avg or Sum of an entire column - then this can be implemented at the visual design level as an embedded feature - create a table visual and you can experiment.

There may be a need to do it via a Dax measurement depending on what you seek and a small sample of the structure of your data will help the community provide guidance.

You have me a little perplexed on the idea of the direction of scrolling changing between avg or sum - - not sure that is a viable idea.

www.CahabaData.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.