Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nova
Frequent Visitor

Power BI and Business Central

Dear all,

I am trying to create a balance sheet as well as an income sheet in Power BI with data coming from Business Central. I am currently using Query 17 as my basic account list (as it contains information about totalling etc.) and am looking for a simple way to get the parent account key for every account so that I can then create the path (as we're dealing with ragged hierarchies) and use this in my matrices. 

Obviously, I can enter the parent account for every account myself. However, this solution is not really future-proof as new accounts might be opened. 

Any inputs on a simple way to figure out the parent account key and other hints are appreciated.

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@nova 

How about connecting to the Chart of Accounts Table Table # 15 as the dimension of your account then connecting to Table # 17 which is the GL Entries?

For the BS layout, you design it in an Accounts Schedule and link 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

nova
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Fowmy 
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, I am not able to publish page 15 as it doesn't seem to exist (well I can choose it at first, but then it changes to page 14)...

@nova 

I believe you are trying to connect to BC, you need to should be able to see the Table objects.  I did not get it when you mentioned pages here. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

nova
Frequent Visitor

@Fowmy

In order to understand what the different pages and queries represent, I logged into BC. Then you can publish web services either as query or as pages (see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/business-central/dev-itpro/webservices/publish-web-serv...) . 

Object-ID 15 is missing, we have 5 and the next one is 16 and if I want to publish a new one as web service (15), it doesn't work. 

Since Power BI and BC are issued by Microsoft, I assumed there would be a simple solution to get the necessary information.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.