Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aartiladdha
Employee
Employee

Power BI aggregating data from one grain to overall week level / DAX Measures at a grain

I have 3 measures. Inbounds, Outbounds and Net Avail.

Net Avail = Inbounds -Outbounds.

with this I have created another measure Non-Negative Net Avail = if (Inbound- Outbound) <0 then 0 else Inbound-Outbound.

This measure works fine when I am visualizing the data at Week, SKU, NON-Negative Net Avail level. However, when I remove SKU and view data at an overall level i.e Week, NON-Negative Net Avail, instead of summing up the variances at each SKU for that week, it just looks at the overall data for the week and zeros it out only when the overall for that week is negative.

See below table- I need the result at overall level for that week to be 2172 and not -1715.

Anothere xample from Power BI below. Left chart is the one without SKU and right one contains SKU. if we look at the data for a week say 10/28/2019, chhart on left shows 13.7K and on right shows 18.3K. Attaching excel for the same

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XxeY-j4HnTBMIVSEO0mGVVaaOhvwzvdE/view?usp=sharing

Capture.PNG

11 REPLIES 11

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.