Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI addon to Excel won't activate

Hello, I was doing an excel report connected to a Power BI report and when I changed the order of some field in the pivot table menu excel froze, after a bit it said it had to deactivate the Power BI plugin. Now I can't reactivate it.

I tried to do as mentioned in the documentation to reactive the plugin but it doesn't work.

"The Power BI publisher for Excel add-in is enabled by default, but if for some reason you don't see the Power BI ribbon tab in Excel, you'll need to enable it. Click File > Options > Add-ins > COM Add-ins. Select Microsoft Power BI Publisher for Excel."

I uninstalled the plugin and reinstall it.

When I click on COM Add-ins menu on Microsoft Power BI Publisher for Excel:

Location says: C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\mscoree.dll

Load Behavior says: Unloaded 

How to I change it to "Load at startup"?

FYI my excel version is 32-bits.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, my colleague was able to reactivate the plugin.

I had to go in  File > Options > Add-ins > Disabled Items enable it then go back in File > Options > Add-ins > COM Add-ins to activate it!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, my colleague was able to reactivate the plugin.

I had to go in  File > Options > Add-ins > Disabled Items enable it then go back in File > Options > Add-ins > COM Add-ins to activate it!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.