cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
srduval
Helper I
Helper I

Power BI With Paginated Report Visual

This is more a question for the paginated report side of the house, but I was wondering if there was a way via show/hide expression to be able to show more columns on the display but not have them in the export. I've tried =(Globals!RenderFormat.IsInteractive=False) it works fine when I view the report with report builder, but not in power bi service. This expression used to work in the old SSRS reportserver with on-prem sharepoint. 

What I want to do is be able to show more information on the visual, Names, IDs and similar information, but only export the ID column to be exported to another system. 

3 REPLIES 3
srduval
Helper I
Helper I

Using the expressison =IIF(Globals!RenderFormat.Name="EXCELOPENXML", true, false) works to prevent columns you specify from being exported, but only if I choose excel. I suspect if I specified the other export formats individually, it would also be excluded as expected.

The is interactive =false used to work and really no reason it shouldn't still work today, I am assunming it's a bug

thanks for your reply, @srduval 

I am not sure if this worked before, but I find a link related, please see if it helps

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Paginated-reports-in-premium-don-t-work-properly-with-Global...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @srduval 

as far as I know, when you export data in the visual, all fields in it will be exported. 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power BI October Update 2021.jpg

Power BI Release

Click here to read more about the October 2021 Release!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Teds Dev Camp Oct. 2021 768x460.jpg

Power BI Dev Camp - October 28th, 2021

Mark your calendars and join us for our next Power BI Dev Camp!