Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

srduval
Helper II
Helper II

Power BI With Paginated Report Visual

This is more a question for the paginated report side of the house, but I was wondering if there was a way via show/hide expression to be able to show more columns on the display but not have them in the export. I've tried =(Globals!RenderFormat.IsInteractive=False) it works fine when I view the report with report builder, but not in power bi service. This expression used to work in the old SSRS reportserver with on-prem sharepoint. 

What I want to do is be able to show more information on the visual, Names, IDs and similar information, but only export the ID column to be exported to another system. 

3 REPLIES 3
srduval
Helper II
Helper II

Using the expressison =IIF(Globals!RenderFormat.Name="EXCELOPENXML", true, false) works to prevent columns you specify from being exported, but only if I choose excel. I suspect if I specified the other export formats individually, it would also be excluded as expected.

The is interactive =false used to work and really no reason it shouldn't still work today, I am assunming it's a bug

thanks for your reply, @srduval 

I am not sure if this worked before, but I find a link related, please see if it helps

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Paginated-reports-in-premium-don-t-work-properly-with-Global...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @srduval 

as far as I know, when you export data in the visual, all fields in it will be exported. 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.