Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

HESO99

Power BI Web to Power BI Desktop

Hi,

I use both power BI Desktop and Web. I started in Power BI Web. I have my first graphs in Web. I construct my first power BI reports and dashboards by importing the excel file data to power BI data. But now, I want to move these to Power BI Desktop. Is there a way to take this file Power BI Web to the Power BI Desktop. Is there any connector tool, import file or something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There is currently no way to download a PBIX file for a report created on the Service website. The "Download Report" option in the File menu only works for reports you originally publish from Desktop. You would need to recreate the report in Desktop, and going forward, I would recommend creating all of your content there and publishing to Service.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
rema
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @HESO99

You can save or save as your report and then start working on your latest downloaded file from web 🙂

BI Save.JPG

Thanks,

Rema

There is currently no way to download a PBIX file for a report created on the Service website. The "Download Report" option in the File menu only works for reports you originally publish from Desktop. You would need to recreate the report in Desktop, and going forward, I would recommend creating all of your content there and publishing to Service.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.