Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LoveLearning

Power BI Visual Reports with Description Data

Hello.  Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I have a Power BI report that I built.  It has Categories and sub-categories.  It has a second sheet that, if you click on the project number or the name of the person will show you a description of the problem.  What I need is to be able to see the data on the second sheet if I click on a sub-category (such as Pre-Construction), it will pull up that particular information.  Such as the below are the top and bottom half of my visuals: 

LoveLearning_2-1626818830920.png

LoveLearning_0-1626818761377.png

And the second sheet has a description of the problem and the lesson learned.

LoveLearning_1-1626818801540.png

Now.  If you click on the job name and number or the name of the PM, it will very specifically pull up and highlight all of the sub-categories that are were effected as well as on sheet two, you can read the desciption of the problem and the lesson learned.  

What I have been trying to work out is how to make it to where if I click on any of the sub-categories (Pre-Construction, Material Handeling, etc) or Impacted Man Hours or Region, etc, that it will also highlight the Description of the problem and the lesson learned.  Right now, if I click on any of the sub-categories, and then go to sheet 2, it is all of the issues and lesson's learned.  

Does this make sense and can anyone help me?  

Always appreciative, 

Heather

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @LoveLearning,

Perhaps you can try to create a custom report with visuals and expressions that are affected by current row content and filtered.

Managing “all” functions in DAX: ALL, ALLSELECTED, ALLNOBLANKROW, ALLEXCEPT - SQLBI

Can you please share some dummy data with a similar data structure and expected results? It should help us clarify your scenario and test to coding formula.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly  

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
samdthompson
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

How didnt it work?

// if this is a solution please mark as such. Kudos always appreciated.
samdthompson
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hello, have you tried using the tool tips option? That would mean you got a call out box of all the info filtered by a particular slice of your visual:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/desktop-tooltips

// if this is a solution please mark as such. Kudos always appreciated.

Hi @samdthompson 

I tried the tooltips options but it did not work.  I appreciate the suggestion very much and am open to any others. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors